What age group are Beebopper classes?
Beebopper music classes are for 3-4 year olds. Once students have turned 4 years old they can move into our Pianorama Junior classes
How long are the Beebopper classes?
How many classes in a term?
10 classes per term, billed in advance before the term commences
What do our 3-year-olds learn in the program?
Beeboppers experience music education (with their parent/ caretaker) through:
• Singing – to develop pitch through a structured vocal program
• Actions/movements to ISM original songs – developing listening skills & physical response to aural absorbtion of musical beat (fine and gross motor skills)
• Themed lessons – each lesson explores a different educational theme (animals, colours, shapes, body parts, objects, weather & sports activities)
• Recognition of music notes & symbols – via games, magnet boards; reading, writing & colouring basic music symbols in their Beebopper workbook
• Rhythm fundamentals – through clapping & light percussion to develop coordination and rhythmic response to selected music examples
• Group learning exposure – students are exposed to the group learning environment which involves skills of social interaction, sharing and concentration on set activities
How long is the Beebopper program? There are 2 Beebopper music programs covering 12 months of classes. Students can join at anytime, they don’t need to wait for a new class term as each week is a new theme
What do students need to bring to class?
All materials are provided for the class (music instruments and craft materials). Students need to bring their Beebopper workbook to each class, which is handed out at the beginning of their first class
What do students need to practice at home?
Beeboppers have songs to sing, which are printed in their Beebopper workbooks and are provided as mp3 downloads. Parents need to download the mp3 songs after the first class and play at home or in the car for students to familiarise with the songs